In the first episode of Fair Shares, a podcast from the Washington Post Creative Group and MassMutual about helping smart women plan a better financial future, host Bola Sokunbi — a financial education instructor and the CEO of Clever Girl Finance — joins a mother trying to balance work, parenting and money.
Sokunbi talks candidly with Ariana, who found out her son had special needs when she started homeschooling him about a year ago. She became his full-time caretaker after she lost her job during the pandemic — and had to figure out how to make ends meet while giving him the attention his functional needs require. Sokunbi helps Ariana brainstorm a financial game plan, including securing life insurance, as she looks to find a new balance in her life amidst these challenging circumstances.
- If, like Ariana, you are caring for a person with a disability or other special needs, a MassMutual Financial Services Representative with the Chartered Special Needs Consultant® (ChSNC) designation can work with you to review your financial outlook and offer personalized solutions and strategies. Learn more at https://www.massmutual.com/lp/specialcare.
- Establishing a trust may be important, especially if you have children. Visit https://www.massmutual.com/investment/advisory-trust-services for more information.
- Individual disability income insurance can help safeguard your financial health. MassMutual can help you review your options. Learn more at https://www.massmutual.com/insurance/disability-income-insurance.
- Check out the MassMutual Life Insurance Calculator mentioned by Bola Sokunbi here: https://www.massmutual.com/financial-wellness/calculators/life-insurance-calculator.
- You too can start saving for your future. Learn more about the difference between IRA ad Roth IRA here: https://www.massmutual.com/retirement/individual-retirement-accounts.