DC Brau Brewing is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Sales Manager to join our Account Management and Events Team and represent our brand in our hometown of the District of Columbia.
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we grow, we are looking to increase our accounts management staff to support the DC Brau brand in the local marketplace. We currently seek to hire an experienced, full-time Sales Manager for the District of Columbia.
The DC Sales Manager reports to the Head of Sales and will be responsible for promotion of DC Brau’s portfolio of beer and seltzer brands in both off- and on-premise accounts in an assigned territory. This professional is expected to work closely with DC Brau’s distribution partners and Account Management and Events Team to grow sales volume, open new accounts, and maintain existing accounts while developing new relationships throughout the distribution network. Applicants must have relevant experience in brand representation (preferably with craft beer), accounts management, and sales experience. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION. It is an excellent opportunity for a professional with a background in alcohol sales that is willing and interested in learning and further developing themselves professionally within a growing brewery.
Our ideal DC Sales Manager has a deep passion for craft beer, knowledge and insight into the DC craft beer community, superior customer service skills, and the ability to build relationships with a broad range of customers and accounts. This professional must also possess strong working knowledge of how beer is made and the difference between craft brands and general market brands.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increasing market share and same-store sales of our beers
- Aggressively pursuing new accounts and building relationships with existing accounts
- Growing and maintaining ongoing relationship with distribution partners
- Developing and maintaining expert beer knowledge and understanding of the DC Brau product portfolio, product availability, and sale techniques
- Managing individual time and activities to maximize sales volume in a defined territory
- Maintaining familiarity with liquor laws and licensing practices for all distribution areas
- Conducting beer tasting and account staff education with key accounts
- Meeting or exceeding established sales benchmarks
- Organizing, planning and staffing promotional and special events
- Accurately reporting activities and account records to the Head of Sales and Accounts Management Team
- Working collaboratively with the DC Brau Account Management and Marketing and Sales Teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Beer sales experience at distributor or brewery level is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent persuasive selling and relationship development skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changes in schedule or customer demand
- Service industry and hospitality experience preferred
- Certified Cicerone Beer Server (or ability to become certified within 6-8 months)
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and some experience using web-based storage sharing applications (i.e. Google Docs, Dropbox, One Drive, etc.)
- Available to work Monday through Friday, as well as occasional weekends as required
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Must live in within the DC Metro Area
Compensation: Full-Time, Salaried Exempt. $35,000 base salary plus commission, company expense account, cell phone stipend
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with company match, Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, Professional Development resources, and monthly employee beer allotment and discounts!
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.