DC Brau Brewing is seeking a reliable and motivated Brewer to join our Production Team in Washington, DC!
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewinghas become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we head into the summer months, we are looking to increase our brewhouse and cellar staff to support DC Brau’s Production operations. We currently seek to hire a Brewer to support the increasing demand for our award winning beer and hard seltzer!
Brewers at DC Brau Brewing are responsible for support of daily, ongoing, and abundant wort production and cellar activities. This position reports directly to the Lead Brewer and QA/QC Technician and works in daily coordination with the brewhouse and cellar, packaging, warehouse, and administrative staff.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for craft beer and has technical experience in a production brewery work environment. This professional must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and must enjoy working as part of a unified team. This is NOT an entry level position and is an excellent opportunity for someone to continue to develop their skills within the craft brewing industry.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Milling malted barley
- Implementing mashing, vorlauf/recirculation, and lautering procedures
- Transferring of wort to fermenters
- Keep accurate and legible brewhouse records to ensure consistency in recipe execution
- Monitoring active and non-active fermentations
- Checking and monitoring of active and non-active fermentations
- CIP cleaning techniques (including but not limited to Caustic, acid and sanitary CIP cycles)
- Transferring of beer via centrifugation
- Harvesting and pitching yeast
- Dry hopping fermenters
- Filling pins and firkins
- Filling and emptying barrels
- Safely drive and operate a forklift, scissor lift, and pallet jack
- Work closely with cellar and brewhouse, and administrative staff to ensure timely availability of product
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required. Brewing-related certification or degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in a brewery and/or advanced technical training
- Knowledge of chemicals used in cleaning cycles and how to handle and use them safely
- Ability to accurately keep records in all necessary logs
- Ability to work unsupervised and prioritize levels of safety and service in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Positive attitude during repetitive tasks
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Ability to coordinate with other staff and departments according to schedule
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Able to stand, walk, and be on feet for prolonged periods
- Ability to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift, and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to move up to 165 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold and hot
- Must be able to work a 5/8 shift schedule; five-day work week, eight-hour shifts (AM/PM schedule)
Compensation: $16.00-$20.00 hourly (depending on experience level and training); Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt (37.5-40 hours per week)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with company match, Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, Professional Development resources, and monthly employee beer allotment and discounts!
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.