Seeking an industry-experienced sales team member who believes in HUB’s mission, culture & brand.
The ideal candidate has craft beer sales experience, established Portland area connections within on-premise and retail channels, and a passion for craft beer and sustainability.
To Apply… Submit cover letter, resume, and references– and please share a little bit about yourself,your favorite style of beer, and why you want to join our team.
The HUB Sales Representative is a dynamic self-starter who has a passion for life and craft beer as well as a deep understanding and knowledge of the craft brewing community and marketplace. This position is charged with handling all aspects of the on-premise/off-premise strategy for the entire HUB portfolio in assigned markets. The Sales Representative is the authority on product knowledge, brand positioning and programming in the marketplace, executing brand strategy at the point of connection with the consumer. This position increases the availability and visibility of HUB brands through achieving specific objectives within each account to grow sales and distribution, and educate customers, retailers, and wholesalers on the brand. Reporting to the Director of Sales and working closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Brewery teams, the HUB Sales Representative sets a positive example by incorporating HUB’s B-Corp values in all day-to-day work activities and relationships with HUB accounts.
- On-premise and retail craft beer sales experience.
- Vast knowledge of beer business and its practices as it pertains to national, regional, and local markets.
- Knowledge of state & federal regulations.
- Established connections with the Portland area and beyond within Oregon and Washington.
- High level of interpersonal, negotiation, problem-solving, and change-management skills.
- Proven industry networking ability (Supplier, Wholesaler, Retailer).
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies with ability to develop and execute account strategies in line with HUB’s brand standards and B-Corp philosophy.
- Experience and understanding of VIP and IRI/Nielsen sales data.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong focus on the customer experience, both internal and external.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Valid OLCC permit.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Base salary ($50,000 and up DOE) + bi-annual bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance available after 60 days
- FSA Plan
- Company-paid Life and Disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- 50% discounts on Food, Beer and Gear
- Discounts from community partners
Who We Are
Hopworks is a B Corp dedicated to using beer as a force for good. Our brew sites are Salmon-Safe Certified, and we source Salmon-Safe hops and malt whenever possible. Our skilled, thoughtful team creates exceptional beer and food with sustainable business practices that protect our planet and support our community. We are committed to the most conscientious and sustainable environmental and social practices possible. The HUB family is 80+ strong with a friendly team, effective safety protocols, fresh and innovative brews & menu items, and the support of our southeast Portland and east Vancouver communities. We strive to provide our team a great place to work, to provide our guests a great, memorable experience, and provide our consumers fresh and amazing beer.
Our team is passionate not only about beer, but our relationship with the planet and people. Like everyone, we are on a continuous journey of developing an equitable, diverse, and inclusive team and workplace. If you share our values, we encourage you to apply.
Be Yourself & Grow With Us
Hopworks Urban Brewery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Come as you are. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran’s status – or anything else that has nothing to do with being able to do the job. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace that includes team members with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and spread our values through incredible beer and food. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Hopworks Urban Brewery is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.