Ancona’s Wines and Liquors is looking for an experienced Retail Team Player (liquor industry background a plus but not required) to join our team in Fairfield County. The ideal candidate will have previous retail experience with a strong emphasis on customer service and be able to work at least 30 to 40 hours per week including weekends, nights and holidays.
Send letters of interest to Ancona’s hiring manager via email
In addition, this position is responsible for increasing guest confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operation conditions, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt customer service well consistently maintaining a positive shopping experience.
This position offers great advancement potential for an energetic highly focused results-driven individual!
- Previous retail experience required.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills both in-person in and on the phone.
- Must be proficient in handling money.
- Must be over the age of 18 years as mandated by the State of Connecticut.
- Must be able to consistently and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
Applicants are expected to work on the days leading up to all major holidays and in some instances the day of major holidays which include but are not limited to Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day and 4th of July.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Process payments including cash, credit or debit and gift card.
- All positions in the store will require light maintenance work, examples of which include but are not limited to cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and removal of garbage.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits and change due to customers.
- Count money in cash draws at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers entering the establishments.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Establish or identify prices of goods/services.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Answer customers questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
Benefits include Medical Insurance and 401K. We look forward to your application!