Mast Landing Brewing Company
Mast Landing Brewing Company is looking for a full time Regional Sales Manager to promote sales of the Mast Landing brand. This highly motivated self-starter individual is assertive and has a passion for great beer. The Sales Representative will work to achieve target distribution and volume goals within an assigned territory of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut under the guidance and leadership of the Vice President of Sales.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and build relationships with existing on and off premise account base.
- Open new accounts with both on and off premise customers, and cultivate those relationships.
- Look to increase visibility and grow brands in these accounts and open new accounts where the opportunity presents. We work with a dynamic account base that changes and evolves.
- Responsible for monitoring field quality of all products for freshness and true to brand taste.
- Evaluate sales reporting for Mast Landing products and target new areas for growth through new and existing account base.
- Interface with the distributors in assigned territory and communicate feedback from accounts to brand manager and VP of Sales, go on scheduled ‘ride-alongs’, and attend occasional sales meetings.
- Weekly meetings to discuss insights for brand growth, field activity, and future planning.
- Perform retail store tastings, tap takeovers, beer dinners, and occasional beer festivals.
- Ability to offer and activate creative programs and concepts for positioning and visibility.
- Elicit feedback from the market on what things could help move the brand further towards its goals.
- Conduct ongoing brand training with wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
- Build positive relationships with wholesaler sales force through team sells and effective communication of sales and promotional activity as well as the Mast Landing Brewing Company Story and product line.
- Monitor point-of-sale inventory levels.
- Assist with goal setting and budgets, including co-op dollars, writing incentives and approving bill-backs.
- Develop, deliver and execute the quarterly and monthly planning meetings in conjunction with the VP of Sales.
- Monitor wholesaler inventories and assist with placing orders from the brewery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years customer service/ sales experience within the beer industry.
- Minimum 1 year of Distributor Brand Management or Supplier Sales Management preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer, the three-tier system, and its retail customers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting the brand to industry buyers and consumers.
- The selected candidate must live locally to the market they represent, or be willing to relocate for the position.
- Must be able to represent Mast Landing Brewing Company in a professional and responsible manner.
- Availability to work evenings/nights or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel daily within territory to meet with customers, with occasional overnight stay.
- Position requires computer proficiency – regular use of Microsoft Office (including ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets), Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
This position requires long periods of walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items (20lbs-60lbs) with or without assistance.
An extended work schedule could be asked which may include some nights, weekends and travel to customers and events across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
- Competitive base salary based on experience with a quarterly performance-based bonus.
- Fully funded family health insurance.