Portland, ME, USLocation:
Thu, Feb 11 ’21Posted on:
Seeking: Experienced Super-Efficient Zero-Energy Homes Project Manager/Design Zen Master/Dream Maker/Team Builder/Organizational Ninja
Growing business looking to gain a new team member to help us spread the good word and build community(ies) in our mission to change the world.
Who we are:
BrightBuilt Home is an architectural design firm that collaboratively delivers attainable net-zero homes throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic. Our primary mission is to solve the complex & exciting puzzle of great affordable homes for all. With this vision in sight, the firm was originally launched in 2013 by the nationally recognized Portland, Maine-based architecture firm, Kaplan Thompson Architects. In the years since, we have grown into a well-regarded mission-based firm that continues to see the sky (with all of its abundant sunshine) as the limit.
Who we’re hoping to find:
Specifically, we’re looking for an affable individual with proven experience with project management. Strong communication, writing and editing skills are vital.
Generally speaking, we seek somebody who has passion, drive, bright ideas, engaging energy, an interest in people, and a noble lineage…. (just kidding about that last one).
We maintain an open, collaborative team approach and a collegial studio atmosphere in a fast-paced environment. We believe deeply in working to reverse climate change, and strive to practice what we preach.
If you’re interested in joining a team of energetic thinkers, designers, innovators, and doers who want to change the world, and you have some thoughts on what you could bring to the table, we’d love to sit down with you.
Ideal candidate will have:
– Anywhere from 3-5 years professional experience, in either the architectural or residential project management fields
– Excellent design ability
– Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
– Some knowledge of detailing a durable, non-toxic, low-energy building envelope
– Some knowledge of the tenets of high-performance and/or net-zero building
– Mac and graphics applications skill, and excitement for technology a must (*Archicad knowledge a huge plus)
– Proven track record of self-starting with ability to work independently and effectively in a collaborative team environment on multiple projects at one time
– An education in architectural design – BArch or MArch preferred
– Some management experience, including project budgets and timelines a plus
– LEED AP/Passivhaus certification and knowledge in residential construction a plus
– Interest in or prior experience with prefabricated construction & assembly systems
– A belief in the greater good; motivated and willing to contribute to the community
– Solid macramé and/or needle-felting skills
– Positive attitude
– Sense of humor
Compensation, Timing and (Excellent!) Benefits
· Full-time position, salary commensurate with experience
· Start Date: March 2021, if possible
Benefits: This offer includes 2 weeks of vacation and 5 days of personal / sick time. Our benefits package also includes 100% medical coverage on Health Insurance and 100% coverage on Disability Insurance. Additionally, BrightBuilt Home offers a 3% salary match SIMPLE IRA retirement benefit. Salary and all benefits will be prorated based on the number of days worked per week.
We offer paid holidays for New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. We also will offer 3 additional floating holidays. A commuting stipend of $60 / mo. will be provided, and may be either spent towards a parking space, bus pass or kept by you if an alternate form of transportation is used. Bonuses will be distributed in accordance with personal productivity and success of the office. Annually, every employee has the opportunity to spend up to $500 and two days pursuing professional development, which might include attending a conference, taking a class, or participating in another approved activity.
To view some of our work and our philosophy, please view www.brightbuilthome.com.
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio via email to email@example.com. Please limit file sizes to 5 MB or less.